Dr. Byron C. Scott DMD, MAGD
Byron C. Scott, DMD, MAGD
Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology/ Implant Dentistry, D-ABOI
Board Certified, American Board of General Dentistry (DABGD)
Dr. Byron Scott is a highly-trained and accomplished dentist who has faithfully served the residents of Mobile and South Alabama since 1977. He earned his DMD at The University of Alabama School of Dentistry, and subsequently completed Advanced Studies at the distinguished L.D. Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Studies in Miami, Florida.
Dr. Scott is Board-Certified by The Academy of General Dentistry and has earned Mastership status (MAGD), an honor shared by only 1% of dentists. In order to do so, he completed over 1100 continuing education hours, 400 of which were hands-on courses. Dr. Scott is recognized as an authority in many areas of dentistry and has had the honor of lecturing locally, nationally, and internationally on Cosmetic, Reconstructive, and Implant Dentistry.
Additionally, Dr. Scott has Diplomate status with The American Board of Oral Implantology (D-ABOI) and The International Congress of Oral Implantologists (D-ICOI). He is a Fellow with The American Academy of Implant Dentistry (F-AAID) and holds a Life Membership with the American Dental Association. He is Certified by The Leading Implant Centers of the World, and is a member of The American Academy of Facial Esthetics and The American Board of General Dentistry. Attending continuing education seminars on a consistent basis and maintaining memberships with numerous organizations, Dr. Scott prides himself on his commitment to the dental profession.
Similarly, Dr. Scott is actively involved in the community. He is a current member of The Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce and The Mobile Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau. He was named Mobile Bay Monthly Magazine’s “Best of the Bay Dentist,” demonstrating his connection to the community. Dr. Scott’s peers honored him for his accomplishments by selecting him to be listed in the one-time edition of Woodward/White “The Best Dentists In America.”
In line with his Commitment to charitable work, Dr. Scott is licensed by The Louisiana State Board of Dentistry to practice in their state so that he can be involved in professional, civic, community and charitable events in New Orleans. For years he has gone into schools to educate children in proper oral hygiene from an early age, and he mentors dentists on complex procedures such as Dental Implants.
Importantly, Dr. Scott makes it a point to spend plenty of time with each patient. He takes the time to talk with his patients and find out their goals for their dental work and oral health. His patients feel the care and concern and become family. Dr. Scott emphasizes treating the patient, not the problem. He focuses on providing top quality care and sees that it has the ability to change patients’ lives. Dr. Scott truly believes that when patients take care of their oral health, it is an investment in their overall health, wellbeing, and happiness. Having a healthy, beautiful smile can improve their quality of life in many ways.
Outside of work, Dr. Scott enjoys spending time with his wife and children. One of his sons followed in his footsteps and became a dentist, which is a source of great pride for him. Dr. Scott has a special appreciation of music and the arts and finds that it translates into his work on a constant basis. He feels that it is imperative for a dentist to be not just a fixer but an artist. Dr. Scott dedicates his time and resources to learning everything possible about how to improve patients’ smiles in appearance, function, and health. He also loves to travel, and his association with dentists worldwide positively impacts how he practices dentistry.
Overall, Dr. Scott has dedicated his life and career to helping patients improve their oral health as well as the beauty and function of their lives through expert dentistry. His hobby is learning more innovative dentistry techniques, and his mission is to provide optimal dental health care for his patients in a friendly, concerned and gentle manner. His goal is to help each patient keep their smile healthy, attractive, and comfortable for the duration of their lifetime.
- DMD, the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry
- Advanced Studies at the Distinguished L.D. Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Studies in Miami, Florida
Awards & Recognitions
- MASTER, FELLOW, BOARD CERTIFIED Academy of General Dentistry, (MAGD, FAGD, ABGD) • Earned by Only 1% of All Dentists
- Diplomate American Board of Oral Implantology (D-ABOI)
- Diplomate International Congress of Oral Implantologists (D-ICOI)
- FELLOW, American Academy Of Implant Dentistry (F-AAID)
- Life Membership, American Dental Association (ADA)
- Certified by Leading Implant Centers of the World
- Named Mobile Bay Monthly Magazine’s “Best of the Bay Dentist”
- Honored for His Accomplishments by Being Selected by His Peers to be Listed in the One-Time Edition of Woodward/White “The Best Dentists in America”
Expert in the Field of
- Implant Placement & Restorations
- Reconstructive Dentistry
- Bone Grafts & Sinus Lifts – 35+ Years Experience
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), MASTER
- American Board of Oral Implantology (ABOI), Diplomate
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), Diplomate
- American Academy Of Implant Dentistry (AAID), FELLOW
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Academy of Facial Esthetic (AAFE)
- American Board of General Dentistry (DABGD)
Dr. Scott is a very active member in the community and is currently a member of the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce as well as the Mobile Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau. Dr. Scott is licensed to practice dentistry in Louisiana and is actively involved in various professional, civic, community and charitable events in New Orleans.